Learning to follow my own path, after all I created to path.
We finally got off the couch at 1.21 am, my wife and I sat down with TV on since about 6 or 7 pm. We both picked up our laptops and started working on project we needed to get done this week. We had TV shows on, movies, maybe picked up the remote 2 times. This was not our typical TV alone home time. Usually we binge watch a show like Big Bang Theory, or Last Man Standing. But not tonight.
Over the past few weeks Ive become upset with the progress that was made in my business. I do have a weekly check up call with my coach but this summer those calls just seam to get bumped for other priorities. Bot my coach and I have become busy in our businesses, which keeps the weekly call getting bumped.
Now im not blaming my coach for my lack of progress, it is up to me to do something to get the results I want. The thing is progress is being made, it just does not feel like it sometimes. Over the past few weeks ive changed some things that gave me the kick again. Thus creating my own path.
Over the past few weeks here are some things I refused to accept as normal.
- Working on revamping my Blog and Video Con Website.
- Getting my podcast and video shows on a regular schedule again.
- Creating some new sales and marketing materials.
- Rerecording some old videos.
- Writing for blogs weekly, and having a new book out by my fall event.
So I took it back to the basic idea to get this started. The Simple Easy Marketing system.
- Write down each task you need to do.
- Create a 3 step process to make the task happen.
- If a step becomes to much of a new task break it down into 3 steps.
- Always be making an offer.
So that is what im back doing today. Again I know the path because I created the path. If you want to change your path, or if you are feeling like you are going nowhere, then here are some suggestions for you…
- If you feel you are going nowhere stop and look at the most successful thing you’ve done.
- Copy that process with your current task.
- if you need help push from a coach, or confirmation from a coach then get help.
I hope this helped you. and if you want to learn how to make a system work like our Simple Easy systems join the list, and come to the next Blog and Video Con.
Tim Gillette is the creator of Simple Easy Marketing and Branding_ a blog, video, and online content creation system the is designed to get sales results.
Tim is an Award Winning blogger, Best-Selling Author and one of Americas Top Speakers in online marketing. He host Blog and Video Con in Dallas every May and November Tim Resides in Dallas Texas with his wife Gwynne, and cat Sefu. Tim and Gwynne have 3 grown children the love to spend time with.
Leave a Reply