Have you taken action this week? With a week on the theme of Taking Action, I hope you have found something that made you take action. I want to close out the week with a few points you need to use when taking action and doing it now.
If you have become overwhelmed with things in life that keep you from taking action, take these few points and see if they help you to take action now.
1. Remove the distractions. If you have things that keep you from taking action then you need to make that a point of action, and remove it. Turn off the TV, shut off the Facebook, Twitter, and all those other distractions.
2. Make a list. Take this different approach to making a list. Make it smaller than what you can do. If you set up your list to get things everything done by noon each day, you will find you get more done. After the list is done you will take on a few more things, or go relax and get some fun times in.
3. Remove complaining and whining from your life. If you decide that you will become a positive person then you will learn to take action. It’s not an easy thing to do, so as you start to work on removing negatives from your life you will see that you are actually taking action.
4. Take small steps to make it happen. I wrote early in the week that you will only take action or do what you believe you can do. If you believe in a small step, then you will take it. So take a series of small steps.
5. When the day is done, the day is done. This is the most important thing that people who come to me for coaching have to learn. When your day is done and you have no more you can do, understand that. When you lay your head on the pillow, understand that is it. You have done all that you can do.
Your day is done just like our week is done. Start now to take action and have a relaxing weekend. I am going to spend time working on personal stuff this weekend and walk away from my work. Take action and enjoy your life.
I’m Tim Gillette, the Rocker Life Coach. It’s time to live your dream to love what you do, and those you share life with. Take the action you can one day at a time, and be the RockStar in your life this weekend.