What does it take to get started online?
Imagine you have been dropped into a new town with $500 and a car. You only have the clothes on your back, the cash, and car. What would you do to create a new business?
When it comes to getting started online, this is the place where most people start out. They have very few resources, very little knowledge. So, here are some tips to help you get started online with blogging:
- You must have the proper mindset to achieve success. Having the belief you can achieve things in life is the biggest asset you will need. It will carry you through many of those tough times. Its great when things go well but having the belief when they go wrong is what will help you press on to success.
- Understand there is nothing new under the sun. Start with finding success patterns that have worked in the past. Build from a foundation that is “for sure.” So often we want to reinvent the wheel in all we do. Start with something that has worked and build upon it.
- You will never be successful if you do not believe you will be successful. The biggest reason most people fail is they do not believe the tasks they are about to take on will result in the success they want. In anything you do you will have naysayers; and in some cases, it will take a little longer than most will truthfully tell you it will take.
- If you truly believe something will work, you will put action behind it with tasks that will achieve your goal. If you really believe something will work and you really have faith, then you will take action to make it work.
- Surround yourself with “I can,” “I will,” and “I do” type people. Nothing will stunt your growth more than having those close to you not believe in your success. Jim Rohn said it’s the five closest people in your world that influence your success. Surround yourself with people who will encourage you, inspire you, and lead you to success.
- Follow One Course Until Successful. Stop changing course mid-stream. Pick a mentor, pick a system, and work the system. A system plus discipline will bring success. Create a plan and stick with it.
- Start by being real where you are. Do not manufacture numbers, learn from failures and build. The biggest thing that has helped my growth over the years was taking a real look at my numbers. When I’ve been successful, they tell me how; when facing a failure, they tell me what to fix.
- Always be learning; education is a nonstop process. Take action. If you succeed, build from it; if you fail learn from it, readjust, and try again. People will be typing into Google and other search engines asking questions that lead to your blog. They are coming for help. Do the same: search out answers and read about them. Attend conferences like Blog and Video Con, read books, read blogs, watch videos on YouTube. The world is filled with educational information; search and tap into it.
- There is nothing wrong with having a “what if” plan. Having a backup plan is a great place to make sure you succeed. It’s OK to test how deep the water is, just don’t test with both feet. The greatest best thing my mentor does is to make me write out a “what if” plan to understand what could happen and he has me ask, “what’s the worst-case scenario?”
If you follow these 9 tips and take action then you can get started with online blogging, vlogging, or podcasting. But they are also great tips to apply to anything you want to get started on in life.
Take action to get started with your blogging plan; join us at the next Blog and Video Con. Find out more: www.BlogandVideoCon.com