It is just a little more than a week until our first RockStar Life Workshop in Dallas. Are you signed up yet? We are excited about this event coming up, so with our week on numbers I want to take the number ten and give you a small preview of something from the event.
Today with the number 10 we are going to give you 10 of my RockStar Dude Rules. This list of my rules started last year when I was creating my own life. If you have heard me speak, you might have heard my Seven Steps to be the RockStar in your world. Well, this is a preview of our list of RockStar rules – 10 of them. At our events, we explain them in greater detail than you’ll get here, but this is a good start on them.
So let’s talk about 10 rules to live by to get your life to Rock.
1. Make your own rules. In life there are laws and then there are personal rules that we set upon ourselves. We choose the life we want by how we choose to live. I started these rules to help me build the life I wanted. Yes, you can borrow them but you must start your own to build your own success story.
2. Get your priorities in order. We need to have our lives in order; life works better when we do this. In my life, it’s God first, family and friends second, and then my business is last. This year, if you ask Gwynne, it seems my business is taking the lead, and when you run your own business, you have to work hard at times. But we are working hard to create these new workshops to ease our schedule up for more free riding time later. We know we must prioritize the business now so we can prioritize ourselves later.
3. Learn to unclutter life. I just bought a new iPhone last year and I got the one with larger storage on it. I want to say that it moves so much faster than my old 8-gig phone. When you have a life that is cluttered up and full of things, it becomes harder to move. Unclutter and free up some space to move around and soon you will see how much clearer life will get when you are free.
4. There is only one way to Rock for you. As I am writing this, the song from Sammy Hagar is playing. But in life you need to add your own soundtrack. Build a playlist that motivates you. We have song lists that we have for riding the bikes; Gwynne has one she uses for running and a separate one she uses to set the mood in her Weight Watchers meetings; and we have them to play as we get ready to start our day. I play a lot of Rock music; that is me. You must find the music that moves you.
5. Be a Giver. No matter what you do in life, you need to be able to give. Even when I do not have to, I thank those people who work for the airport and security checks. That is being a giving person, thanking those that serve you, giving a little extra as a tip. But especially, always say, “Thank you for doing such a great job.” You will find giving something as small as a thank you will make your life better as well as theirs.
6. Laugh. That’s right. Learn to laugh at life. I have actually become comfortable laughing at the mistakes I make. Life will always give you funny moments when you least expect them. For years I’ve told people when I mess up their name, “I’m sorry to mess up your name, but I understand. My last name is Gillette and people cut it up all the time.” It’s a way to make them laugh; they can get a humorous side to people saying their name wrong.
7. Stop telling and start doing. So many times in my past I told my family and my friends how I was working on writing my book, preparing a program, getting it ready to release. Well, stop telling everyone and just go do it. Once you have done something people will come out of the woodwork to support you. They will then pay for your advice to learn how to do it themselves.
8. Live outside of comfort zones. This is hard; we all want a comfortable life; we always want things to go right. Well if you get to a place where life becomes comfortable, you will stop growing. Your world will start getting smaller. If you are always outside your comfort zone, life will become easier as you are always ready for those surprises; life becomes a surprise – a good one. Never get comfortable. Instead, get with the excitement of living life.
9. Always go the extra mile. We built our business to always do more than is expected. We want to have a life and a business that is known for doing more, standing out from others. Always doing what is right. If you do a little more than your competitor you will grow a life of natural attraction; people will come to you.
10. Get started. No matter what you do, it’s time to get the act of living the dream you want started. You cannot steer a parked car; yes you can turn the wheel from side to side but with the car parked you are going nowhere. If you take off towards the dream or goal you want, corrections can only be made to get you to that goal once you are moving.
These are 10 of my Rocker Life Coach Rules for Life. We have more, but we’re running out of space here. I will have to promote them in other ways, and we will have some of them up in YouTube videos soon. But come hear them all at one of our Rockstar Live Events. Follow the link and sign up for our updates to find out when one is coming to a town near you.